One of the things we always look forward to when we eat out at PF Changs are their chicken lettuce wraps. So savory, tangy, and fresh. Another favorite pastime of ours is trying to recreate restaurant-quality (or better) dishes at home!
This is our tenth or so attempt at perfecting PF Chang’s lettuce wraps at home, and they really do just keep getting better and better.
We grabbed this recipe from DamnDelicious.net.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced [CRUNCH!]
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
Follow the directions here for optimal results. Like lettuce wraps, and want to try grilling the meat on your BBQ? Try this recipe from Traeger Grills.